debugger.html is a hackable debugger for modern times, built from the ground up using React and Redux. It is designed to be approachable, yet powerful. And it is engineered to be predictable, understandable, and testable.
Mozilla created this debugger for use in the Firefox Developer Tools. And we’ve purposely created this project in GitHub, using modern toolchains. We hope to not only to create a great debugger that works with the Firefox and Chrome debugging protocols but develop a broader community that wants to create great tools for the web.
Or take a look at our detailed getting started instructions.
curl -o- -L https://yarnpkg.com/install.sh | bash -s git clone https://github.com/devtools-html/debugger.html.git cd debugger.html yarn yarn start # Go to http://localhost:8000
- Claim an available issue. If you get stuck, we’d be happy to help.
- Do our getting started activity debugging the debugger
- Read the app overview or contributing guidelines
- Watch a video on contributing to the Debugger.
- Go to the features board to see what we’re working on
This is an open source project and we would love your help. We have prepared a contributing guide to help you get started.
If this is your first PR or you’re not sure where to get started, say hi in slack and a team member would be happy to mentor you.
We strive for collaboration with mutual respect for each other. Mozilla also has a set of participation guidelines which goes into greater detail specific to Mozilla employees and contributors.
We strive to make the Debugger as development friendly as possible. If you have a question that’s not answered in the guide, ask us in slack. We also documentation PRs!
|Themes||theming changes for light, dark, firebug|
|Internationalization||using or adding a localized string (l10n)|
|Prefs||using or adding a preferences|
|Flow||flow best practices and common gotchas|
|Logging||tips for logging redux and client|
|Testing||unit and integration test tips|
|Linting||css, js, markdown linting|
|Configs||how to use debugger settings locally|
|Hot Reloading||steps for enabling hot reloading|
Say hello in slack or in the #devtools-html channel on irc.mozilla.org.
- Community Call: Every Tuesday, Thursday at 3pm EST. Join the Hangout
- DevTools Call: Every Tuesday at 12pm EST. Join the DevTools Vidyo
- Pairing: Ask in slack and you’ll either find someone or be able to schedule a time for later.